10 Questions with Curt Montgomery
1. What is your name, where are you from and what do you do?
Curt Montgomery - Elora, Ontario - Black minimalist tattooing.
2. What influences your creativity?
3. How long have you been tattooing, and how did you first get into the trade?
I've been tattooing for about a year and a half. I used to be an illustrator before but I got tired of it so I decided seek out an apprenticeship.
4. Describe your work in 3 words.
Black, minimal, lines.
5. What do you usually listen to in the studio?
Anything from Hilary Duff all the way through to Def Leppard.
6. What is your opinion on the way social media has affected the art community?
For tattooing it's the best thing that's ever happened. It definitely plays a big part in reaching a broader audience.
7. Who is your dream client?
Just people that have good conversation or stories to tell.
8. What was the first tattoo you ever did and who was it on?
The first tattoo I ever did was on myself, and it's a map.
9. What do you do on your days off?
10. Who else's work should we check out?
Lydia Marier (@lmariera.tattoo), Tommy Oh (@tommy_oh), Phil Tworavens (@lustandconsume), Emily Alice Johnson (@emilymalice)
Curt Montgomery can be found on Instagram @curtmontgomerytattoos