10 Questions with Silly Jane
1. What is your name, where are you from and what do you do?
I'm Silly Jane, I'm French, I do erotic blackwork.
2. What influences your creativity?
Ero-guro movement, dark illustrations, manga, tales, poetry, music, and all the little things in life that tell me stories that I want to illustrate.
3. How long have you been tattooing, and how did you first get into the trade?
I started 3 and a half years ago, by chance because I never wanted to be a tattoo artist but I always drew. I studied architecture and design at school but it wasn't really "fun".
4. Describe your work in 3 words.
Erotic. Macabre. Poetic.
5. What do you usually listen to in the studio?
Actually there are 7 of us so we have to deal with all our different tastes! Most of the Time it's black metal, hip-hop, rock, psych, trip-hop... Depends on the mood.
6. What is your opinion on the way social media has affected the art community?
I'm not really comfortable with social networking, of course it is essential to our visibility but it also leads to a race to the number of followers at the expense of the actual quality....
7. Who is your dream client?
Nice, good company, funny and someone who does not move or complain every 5 minutes! :D
8. What was the first tattoo you ever did and who was it on?
It was a poor star on my mentor, 2cm, 2 hours haha.
9. What do you do on your days off?
Draw draw draw, sport and burn in the sun during summer.
10. Who else's work should we check out?
There are so many good artists! My favorites right now would be Gakkin, Gotch, Damien.J.Thorn, Horitada, Haewall, Lipa, Hanumantra, Luslips... And many many more....
Silly Jane can be found on Instagram @silly.jane